Obesity according to WHO is accumulation of fat in the body to the extent that it poses danger for it. It has been defined as an epidemic which is expanding all around the world. The change of lifestyle from active to sedentary and improper
dietary habits leads to obesity. It is mainly due to environmental factors but genetic factors also influences in a person being obese. Other major reasons which could lead to obesity are stress, fatigue, smoking and any medical reasons like hyperthyroidism etc. Obesity leads to some of the major health diseases like it increases the risk of heart disease, blood pressure and hypertension, etc. Obesity management through exercise and diet control will help in maintaining and living a healthy life.
Unhealthy eating is the main factor which leads to obesity both in children as well as adults. What you should be eating to avoid becoming obese is a question which holds a lot of importance to prevent childhood obesity. It has been observed that parents’ behavior regarding eating, shopping and healthy living influences a child and thus a lot of comfort eating, eating out, chocolates all lead to obesity. These children grow into obese adults and may also develop eating disorders. It is important to learn and know what type of foods should be avoided in obesity. The rest of the article lists the food products to be avoided to become obese.
Foods low in fat and those which slowly release energy are considered the best for obese. These may be:
- Water – It is a scientifically proven fact that water helps in reducing fat by flushing out the toxins from the body. Our body is not able to recognize between hunger and thirst and thus drinking a glass of water will keep our stomach full resulting in lower intake of calories. It is suggested that a person should drink 8 -10 glasses of water daily.
- Fruits and Vegetables – These have low calories and provide adequate amount of nutrients to the body. It could be eaten in any part of the day, substituting our breakfast of egg or cereals with fruits will help us in reducing the calories intake. Similarly salads with lunch and dinner will keep us full with just the right amount of essential nutrients and water.
- Protein rich food – If you are a non-vegetarian inclusion of lean chicken, beef, pork would help you since the fat content is low. For vegetarians peas, lentils and beans are good option for protein requirement of the body. It should be included in every meal. Low fat yoghurt, skim milk are also important source of protein.
- Wholegrain breads, pasta, and cereals – they are rich in fiber and carbohydrates which releases energy slowly in the bloodstream and make the stomach feel full for a long time.
Besides these it should be ensured that you choose whole foods over processed foods. There are certain foods which can help you burn the fat stored in your body and thus helping you to be in shape. These foods are:
- Citrus Fruits– they are a rich source of Vitamin C which is said to increase the metabolism of the body and in process burns the fat. It also helps in reducing the LDL that is the bad cholesterol of the body. They are the best food products to reduce the fat.
- Oats – generally taken in breakfast and is full of insoluble fiber which gives a feeling of full stomach for a long time and prevent the calories intake.
- Lentils – one of the daily food product used in India, it helps in lowering the bad cholesterol. Contains essential amino acids and keeps the stomach full.
- Almonds and Walnuts – these are rich in healthy fats and make a good snack.
- Water– as described earlier it is a scientific fact that a person wanting to lose fat is asked to increase his water intake.
Incorporating the above mentioned food products in your diet will help in avoiding obesity. It should also be noted that with these healthy foods it is necessary that a healthy lifestyle is the key to healthy and long life. Spend little time with your body, exercise and meditate to listen to the needs of the body and help your soul to live in beautiful body as you live in your homes.
We always think that foods make us fat but it is not so. It is not the food but your lifestyle which is making you fat. this blog is an effort to bring together the results of various researches which states that some foods do actually aid in reducing the body fat. Any food which is rich in fiber will help in reducing the body weight so make sure that your diet is a high fiber diet.
Now lets have a look at some foods which can help you shed off that extra calories from your body.
1. Cinnamon – adding cinnamon in your food will help you to eat only the amount required by your body as it contains a compound which reduces the hunger pangs of the body.
2. Green Tea – it is one of the effective beverages which aid in reducing weight because it is full of anti-oxidants which helps in burning fat. Also used in cancer treatment.
3. Olive oil – especially for women as it is rich in anti-oxidants. Virgin olive oil can be eaten with salads.
4. Sprouts– sprouts of pulses helps in the slimming process when eaten raw as it is rich in fiber and vitamins.
5. Blueberries – they are useful in reducing your belly fat as they contain anthocyanins which burn the fat. It is fibrous and keeps the stomach full for a long time.
6. Low fat yoghurt – According to International journal Of Obesity a low fat yoghurt and dairy products can help in having a slim body because of its protein called Whey which helps in building muscle mass of the body.
7. Onions– they are known to increase the metabolism of the body and thus reduce the fat
8. Vinegar – it slows down the movement of the food in our digestive system and thus gives a feeling of full stomach for a longer time.
9. Fruits – They need no explanation. Full of water, fiber and vitamins.
10. Water – as said in my earlier blog drink as much water as you can. It has no calories at all.
So Best Of Luck to All…..
Many people wake up with a constant question in mind “how do I reduce my weight”? Obesity is rising at an alarming rate all over the world. A report from WHO supports this statement through its report which says that obesity has doubled since eighties. Other alarm raising facts are that a large number of children below the age of five are victims of obesity. This has mainly happened because of the lifestyle and the diet habits which have changed for worse. Obesity has become a disease of rich and developed countries.
Keep one thing in mind while you read this post. “There is no short cut”. This post is a collection of methods which will help you shed off those extra calories from your body.
1. Exercise – It is not that you need the workouts and an instructor to reduce. Just give 15 minutes daily to your body. It deserves your time the same way as you need some peaceful time for yourself.
2. Healthy Diets – Most of us have tried the diet method without result. Do you know why it is so? It happens because when we Exercise our body requires more nutrition and our body exhibits more
3. Drink plenty of water – drinking a lot of water helps your body to flush the toxins which are responsible for increasing the fat. Adding a drop or two of lemon would work like a magic potion.
Believe me with these 3 very simple tricks you can lose weight within one month.
In my next blog on health I will help you find out the food which helps in reducing fat of your body.
If you conflict with the statement can you give one valid reason behind why there are men sitting outside a shopping mall. Well they all are waiting for their better halves (female partners) to finish their shopping.
There are many forms of shopping available now which has eased and modified the way we do our purchasing ( a relief for most men out there). There are online shopping options available for everything is it a daily grocery that we need or that expensive jewelry for ourselves. Even financial products are available to shop online. Fill in your cart with the products and pay either on delivery or at that very moment. Shopping malls have come up which provide all the big names under one roof and one can just wander around the mall and do window shopping. A supermarket is a one stop shop for our all shopping need from groceries to electronics everything is under one roof.
What is the one thing you love doing? The answer would readily be shopping for almost 98% of women. For men this would turn out to be their biggest nightmare. Shopping is a thing where we analyze, see, and compare the things offered by the retailers with an intention to purchase either at the same time or in the near future.
We have heard that dark chocolates are best remedy for depression. But I bet ask any women and they will say shopping is the best way to release stress and depression. Women are good at shopping than men. This is a research and it indicates that because they take time to analyze and bargain and then take the final decision whether to purchase or not. This is not the case with a particular section of women but it is a fact with all the women. They love to wear and see what suits them the perfect.
Why men hate shopping? Give all the credit to our ancestors who did all the hunting for the family. They were always in a hurry so that the prey does not get away from them. Before the prey is gone they would just pounce on it and grab it. Women on the other hand were responsible to collect the fruits and berries from the trees. They would take time to collect the ripe and leave the unripe or rotten ones. So blame it to our ancestors that till today women make efforts to take that extra care while shopping and men take it as an expedition or hunting.